Stationery Favorites

Is there an adjective that can describe the small thrill of opening a beautiful new agenda? Or the delight at the smoothness of your favorite pen as it glides across a page for the first time? Seeing the layers of unmarked paper signifying the new year, I always get giddy with the thought of filling them with colorful writing, sticky notes, and memories.

So for all of those who, like me, still prefer the pen and paper method in this digital world, I've rounded up my favorite stationery items that help keep my life (and desk) colorful and organized.


1. Lilly Pulitzer Agenda
The one thing I cannot live without. I use my planner for everything, from daily tasks and reminders, to packing lists and recipe ideas, to mementos and anything in between. Personally, I prefer the ones from Lilly Pulitzer (yes, I know, call me basic) because of how bright and colorful they are. There's nothing better than turning to the next page to be greeted by a brand new print. But if you're looking for something a little more neutral, Kate Spade has some great options (I also own this one).

I love these because they're incredibly versatile. With a highlighter on one end and a felt tip pen on the other, they can be used for so many things, from annotating, to writing titles, to adding little pops of color to your notes.

My pen of choice. Whether I'm writing tasks in my planner or offhand scribbles in the margins of my lecture notes, these pens always do the job well. I'm a big fan of the felt tip because of their consistency: I don't have to press down hard for them to write well. (My absolute pet peeve is when a pen stops writing mid stroke!)

Although these pens have a tendency to bleed through paper, I still love them because of all the colors they come in. They have a bigger variety than the sharpie pens and come in a number of assorted packs, including neutrals, neons, and pastels.

I bought one of these in Japan a few years back and still use it to this day. Despite being small and light, they're actually quite sturdy for mechanical pencils. I've dropped mine a few times without any sign of damage (and they're polka dot patterned so of course I love them). They use 0.5mm lead and come in pastel colors so if you enjoy cute petite pencils, I'd definitely recommend ordering these!

6. Sticky Notes
Possibly the most used items on my desk. At any given time, I guarantee you will be able to find at least 3 of them floating around my work space. I use these for just about everything, from writing down reminders, to creating study guides, to making quick lists. They're great for quick things that I don't have time to write in my planner, extra notes, and random ideas that pop into my head. My friends laugh at me because I keep a box of them with me at all times but honestly, I have no shame.

7. Post-It Flags
These are my saviors in AP Literature. I use them all the time when reading books for class to tab off important pages or divide my notes into different sections. They're also perfect for color coding as they come in a variety of colors and fun patterns. But be warned, they are addicting. Whenever I see a set in the store that I don't already own, I immediately buy them to add to my ever-growing collection.

8. Whiteout
The most underrated of all school supplies, yet one of the most essential. As a person who uses pen a lot (and subsequently, makes mistakes a lot too) whiteout is my best friend. I prefer the dry correction fluid over the pen or tape options because I find that it's easier to write on and doesn't peel off. A word of warning: all your friends will be asking to borrow yours.

No comments