Healthy Snack Ideas


I've always been a passionate snacker, whether I'm at my desk doing homework, sitting through a lecture, or watching my favorite show. In fact, the first thing I do when I come home from school is make myself a small treat. I find that having something to nibble on while I complete my tasks makes them more bearable. Although I don't always choose healthy snacks, (I'm looking at you, nutella) I try to as often as I can because they give me more energy and keep me satisfied for longer. And with so many delicious options to try, why not eat healthy? Here are a few of my favorites.

1. Apples and almond butter

This is my favorite go-to snack whether I'm at home doing work on a weekend or sitting through a lecture at school. It's super easy to make and strikes the perfect balance between savory and sweet. All you need is an apple cut into thin slices and your favorite nut butter. I prefer almond butter, but it goes just as well with any other flavor. Always a classic.

2. Carrots and celery sticks with hummus

Another great and easy snacking option for people on the go. (If you can't already tell, I'm slightly obsessed with dipping fruits/vegetables in savory sauces). What I like about this particular combination is how versatile it is. If you don't like celery or get bored with using the same vegetables, try switching it up with bell pepper or cucumber sticks.

3. Cherry tomatoes with mozzarella balls

I recently discovered this idea on Pinterest and have been obsessed ever since. The juicy tomatoes mixed with the fresh mozzarella balls makes for an amazing combination. Add a few basil leaves for flavor and voila! you get a perfect snack-sized salad. You can eat with little toothpicks or create a larger batch to serve as a meal.

No comments