Coffee In Carborro


Today, I had my first college alumni interview at the Grey Squirrel Coffee Company in Carrboro and I'm glad to say that it went very well! I came in not really knowing what to expect, as this was my first college interview, but I was wonderfully surprised.

My interviewer was such a nice lady who was very enthusiastic about her experiences at Brown and happy to answer my many questions (trust me, there were a lot of them). What I thought would be list of generic questions turned out to be a morning of delightful conversation. Two hours passed but we hardly noticed!

My advice for anyone going through the college interview process: don't worry, be yourself, and enjoy. The interviewers are very nice people who are genuinely interested with helping you through the application process. And there are no wrong answers because this is your chance to tell them about youyour likes, interests, and passions. In all honesty, these interviews are more for the student than for the admissions officers. They really help you get a sense of how you will fit into the school you're interested in.

And now for a short review of the cafe...

LOVED: 
Quality of Coffee. One of the most well-made lattes I've had in a while.
Beautiful Latte Art. Their baristas sure know how to pour a Rosetta.
Charming Interior. Very spacious with a high ceiling and natural lighting.
Comfortable Seating. Roomy wooden tables and matching chairs. Ideal for doing work or studying.

DOWNSIDES:
Limited selection of pastries (there were no croissants!).
A little on the slower side when it comes to orders.

A MUST-TRY:
Any of their lattes. The almond milk one I had was just amazing. I'm sure the others are equally as delicious.

VERDICT:
A keeper. I will definitely be coming back to study with a friend, or just to enjoy a chilly Saturday morning with a beautifully crafted drink in hand.

No comments